Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

RWD

Hi, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post, hello to all. I'm looking for a book based on a series of letters written by a British General to his Lieutenant/son. The son was recovering in hospital from a wound received in combat. The subject of the letters was a series of tactical lessons intended to make the son more prepared when he returned to the front. This book is non-fiction.

I know that the book exists, but can not accurately remember either the title or author.  I have searched the internet without success, but with much frustration. I believe that it has been on line as a free pdf. If anyone can tell me the title and/or author, I would very much appreciate it.  It's location on-line would also be terrific, if known.

Thank you in advance.

Dust Jacket Collector

It could be ‘A General’s Letters to his son on obtaining his commission’, published anonymously by Cassell in 1917. It’s mostly about how to be an officer but as far as I can see the son wasn’t in hospital so maybe not this one.

David Filsell

RWD,

I trust you will not mind me ponting out that it is worth knowing that it is always good to thank those courteous enough to offer help.

Regards

David