Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

DCM award

andrew pugh

Hi

Are there any records surviving that can tell if the family of Sergeant 302774 James Gration who was killed on the 24/03/1918 ever received the DCM for this man.Your comments are most welcome.

Regards

Andy 

Did they receive the other ww1 medals? A local paper might give a story on the presentation so is worth checking 

Hi Coldstreamer

Thanks for your reply.I recently put a case forward for identification for this man and the C W G C have checked their at their records and agreed that it can only be this man. It has now gone to the NAM for their scrutiny. I have been talking to a local historian where he came from and he seems to think that the award was never received. It was granted in 1917 but he was killed in March 1918. I will take your advice. Is there a department within the MOD that deal with medals that i could contact?

Once again thanks for your advice.

Regards

Andy Pugh

Hi,

You could get in contact with the MOD Medals Office at Gloucester. You will need to fill out various bits of paperwork. I will send you a PM with their e-mail address, as it's not advisable to post e-mail addresses on open forums like this.

Their postal address is:
Ministry of Defence Medal Office

Imjin Barracks
Gloucester

GL3 1HW

The telephone number I have seen is 0141 224 3600

Thanks, 
Keith