Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Photo of Friedrich von Callisen (German Navy)

stevenbecker

Mates,

Another member was after a photo of this German Naval officer?

Callisen Friedrich von     LtdZ Naval    Commanded Torpedo boat flotilla based at Constantinople

Can you help

Cheers

S.B

• 1 year later...

That was me. I have a photo of him sitting at the fantail of V188 with his back turned to the camera. Sideways glance. I thought the fellows at the Turkish site would dig one up as they have found many new to me photos. 

OOps did not see post was from 2019. Sorry about that. Thought it was another name in Wolf's book.

Edited by Felix C

Felix,

Yes I was just passing on your message I think from the other site. Did you find much on him as I have little on him 

Callisen Friedrich     LtzS to Kapt-Lt (Maj) Marine     Commanded Torpedo boat flotilla based at Constantinople to Sevastopol (Black Sea) 1918    1917-18    (not identified)?

S.B

Nothing more since. Came across a Turkish FB group dedicated to the GW and hope they may find it eventually. They have found many interesting pics of Germans assigned to the Ottomans. 

Friedrich Callisen, born May 30, 1883, Crew 1901, promoted to Kapitänleutnant February 10, 1912. Commanded the torpedo boats (destroyers to the rest of the rest of the world) V 188 then V 191 then V 50 through December 1915. Next assigned to the Torpedo Boat Acceptance Committee through October 1917 before assuming command of the 10th Torpedo Boat Half Flotilla through January 1918. Callisen then assumes command of the Turkish Torpedo Boat Flotilla until the end of the war.

German awards per the 1918 Rangliste are the EKI and some sort prewar medal that I'm having trouble finding the abbreviation to.