Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

pete-c
Posted (edited)

Could anyone help with details of the accidental shooting down of Admiral Usborne and his pilot over the Dardanelles circa 1917?   The aircraft (possibly a BE2) was seemingly salvaged by HMS Racoon.

Edited by pete-c

DavidOwen

Pete

The logs of HMS Racoon (correct spelling) are at TNA but sadly, as you are probably aware, not digitised.

I note you have posed a similar (but different!) question in the War in the Air section. Hopefully forum members will not duplicate work across the two threads (shout if you feel you want them merging).

Regards

David

pete-c
1 hour ago, DavidOwen said:

Pete

The logs of HMS Racoon (correct spelling) are at TNA but sadly, as you are probably aware, not digitised.

I note you have posed a similar (but different!) question in the War in the Air section. Hopefully forum members will not duplicate work across the two threads (shout if you feel you want them merging).

Regards

David

Thanks for the spelling correction David.  Depending on the response, merging would certainly be a good idea.

Regards,,

Peter.

DavidOwen

Let me know if and when.

pete-c
1 hour ago, DavidOwen said:

Let me know if and when.

Hi David - it seems I have my answer (see other post)  Could you cancel this one please?

Many thanks.

DavidOwen

Locked as requested