Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Compressed Ribs

Jojessholli

Hi Vic,

H1629 is probably the number of the list. Without seeing the record, I doubt it will be influenza. Might it be Compressed Ribs (Crush)? Can you post a link/image?

Regards

Chris

1 hour ago, clk said:

Hi Vic,

H1629 is probably the number of the list. Without seeing the record, I doubt it will be influenza. Might it be Compressed Ribs (Crush)? Can you post a link/image?

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris - I did think it might be Crush as in crushed rather than Brush - but I'm rubbish at deciphering.  Image curtsy Ancestry.co.uk

crush.jpg

3 minutes ago, DavidOwen said:

Hi Vic

I agree with Chris it is "Crush" as I read it.

Regards

David

Thanks David  - I'm being dim......again.....

Hi Vic,

I think that it is 'crush' too - the construction of the letter appears to be the same as the 'c' in 'compressed'.

Regards

Chris

2 minutes ago, clk said:

Hi Vic,

I think that it is 'crush' too - the construction of the letter appears to be the same as the 'c' in 'compressed'.

Regards

Chris

It'll be interesting to find out if there is any mention anywhere of this in the war diaries as it happened at home.  He was transferred from the cavalry on 14/6/15 - so it may well have been an injury with a horse.

Hi Vic,

3 hours ago, Jojessholli said:

It'll be interesting to find out if there is any mention anywhere of this in the war diaries as it happened at home

If it happened at home, there probably won't be a war diary - UK units weren't required to keep them.

Regards

Chris

28 minutes ago, clk said:

Hi Vic,

If it happened at home, there probably won't be a war diary - UK units weren't required to keep them.

Regards

Chris

There are exceptions. The 11th Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders kept a diary for the home period (which I have), don't ask me now where I got it.

Mike

15 hours ago, clk said:

Hi Vic,

Regards

Chris

Chris the reason that points to home for me is that he didn't go to France till after this date.