The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

NAA MIC trouble

ForeignGong

Just tried run a couple of names and numbers through it 

working fine for me

Ray

LINK

I have been able to access the UK TNA website, and use its Discovery search engine to call up MICs in the WO 372 series. Are we talking about the same dataset and domain?

I can only get as far as the Discovery homepage, if I try any links off there I get a page unavailable message. Been getting worse since Sunday. 

1 hour ago, ARABIS said:

I can only get as far as the Discovery homepage, if I try any links off there I get a page unavailable message. Been getting worse since Sunday. 

This is what I have been getting.  I just tried again with no luck.

I sent them a message yesterday through their complaints system & had an acknowledgement this morning saying I would have an answer within ten days, ridiculous, there should be a much quicker way to tell them about website problems.

Is it because I'm in Australia, but I've had no problems before, always been able to access MIC details. I use NAA as their search is far superior to Ancestry and once I've found the man I need then go to Ancestry to see the actual MIC. Especially with Officers when all I have is initials and surname.

So this is frustrating.

ForeignGong,

The problem seems to be with Microsoft Edge, I've downloaded Google Chrome & can now access links off the Discovery homepage with it.

ARABIS.

6 hours ago, ForeignGong said:

Is it because I'm in Australia, but I've had no problems before, always been able to access MIC details.

I use NAA as their search is far superior to Ancestry

Can you advise as to whether you are using TNA UK or NAA in Australia, please?

Thanks, Keith

Had a reply from the National Archives today saying that there had been a fault with their website which they have now corrected. Anybody heard from ForeignGong?

ARABIS.