Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

4th KRRC AT PROSENIK,APRIL 1918

Sgt Stripes

Hi. Can anyone supply me with any information regarding the 4th KRRC and there part in the action ay Prosenik April 15th, especially there casualties.  Many Thanks

Hi Sarge, there;s a couple of pages on this in the Official History, I can scan and send them to you if you like. Unfortunately it doesn't have the KRRC casualties only the overall figures.

Hello Gardenerbill. That is a great offer and would really help me a lot in finding out what happened that day. Best Regards  

Brilliant. Thank you for the quick reply and scans. Puts a little bit of light on what took place.  

Sgt. if this refers to Smith, as per your previous posts?? then you need to look at 4th RB not 4th KRRC as he was in the KRRC something like 7 days in 1907 when he first attested, being transferred to the RB.

Andy

Edited by stiletto_33853

Andy I have made another mistake. Yes it was the 4th Battalion Rifle Brigade at Prosenik, not the KRRC. 

Do you mind if I ask what you need the info for and to what detail you need??

Andy

Hello Andy. I am looking to write a story about CSM Smith and the time and movements of the 4th Rifle Brigade up till his death. Sadly I have not started very well with two mistakes already with my posts on the Great war Forum.  

Edited by Sgt Stripes

OK no problem,

It is a common mistake regarding the units. Both Regiments personnel were moved to where they were needed. As you have probably noticed from his records he was moved from the KRRC to The Rifle Brigade by authority of the Rifle Depot. Both Regiments shared the same Depot apart from a few years.

I will scan what detail I have of their time at Prosenik in what they call "The Affair of Prosenik 14th - 15th April 1918".

Andy

Edited by stiletto_33853

This is "The Rifle Brigade 1914-1918" account, Volume 2

img420.jpg

img421.jpg

img422.jpg

img423.jpg

Andy this is great. This will help me a lot. Many Thanks SGT STRIPES

Welcome, Just yell if I can assist you with the 4th anymore (RB that is, not KRRC).:D

Andy

Edited by stiletto_33853

Due to the major failings of this operation there was a court of enquiry held. The proceedings of this, including witness statements by officers and ORs, are included in, I think, the XVI Corps war diary at TNA. I have photographed this file having included the action in an article I wrote for The New Mosquito - journal of the Salonika Campaign Society. Have also visited the ground and have a few photos. PM me if interested in copies.

ALAN