Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Gareth Davies

Historical Records of the 19th service Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers (Pioneers)

Gareth Davies

Does anyone have access to "Historical Records of the 19th service Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers (Pioneers)" by C H Cooke please?

seaJane

A transcript appears to be available on this page:-

http://www.newmp.org.uk/detail.php?contentId=11218 (click on link 'See transcript').

sJ

Edited by seaJane

Gareth Davies

Thank you, but that's just a link to the RoH.

Edited by Gareth Davies

seaJane

Ah, sorry!

Otherwise all I've been able to find is that there is a copy in the IWM.

Gareth Davies

Likewise. Thank you. 

seaJane

Suppose the Fusiliers' Museum in Alnwick may have a copy ...

Gareth Davies

Yes. But that's even further away than the IWM.

seaJane

It depends what you're actually looking for, how easy it would be to find and whether their staff are obliging. I've sent photographs of pages to enquirers before now, but not if I have to read more than 40 pages to find it.

sJ

voltaire60

GD-   There are a clutch of copies listed on COPAC .  2 are near enough for me to access  without bother.- Guildhall,City of London and The British Library (which has 2).  If you want something specific looked up, I an do it for you on Saturday-I save up my odd look-ups for "regimentals" and get them done at one go-another will be no bother.. If you want multiple pages copied, then say what-as it is cheaper(by far) to get that done at Guildhall

Pip,pip

Mike

seaJane

You did better than I, V - I thought there ought to be COPAC copies because of the IWM one, but for some reason the search wouldn't oblige.

Gareth Davies
3 hours ago, voltaire60 said:

GD-   There are a clutch of copies listed on COPAC .  2 are near enough for me to access  without bother.- Guildhall,City of London and The British Library (which has 2).  If you want something specific looked up, I an do it for you on Saturday-I save up my odd look-ups for "regimentals" and get them done at one go-another will be no bother.. If you want multiple pages copied, then say what-as it is cheaper(by far) to get that done at Guildhall

Pip,pip

Mike

That’s a very kind offer. I think I have found a chum who has a copy but if that fails I will get back to you.

StanMould
On 13/05/2019 at 22:54, Gareth Davies said:

That’s a very kind offer. I think I have found a chum who has a copy but if that fails I will get back to you.

I have a PDF copy.  If you read this - a year after your OP - then reply here and I'll arrange to email it to you.

Gareth Davies

Thank you. No longer needed.