Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
Charles 755

HMS Pembroke II

Charles 755

I am trying to find out about my great uncle Arthur Almond born abt.1896 in Kennington, London. He seems to have joined the Royal Navy around 1918 and can't find any records of him serving.

The only information I have found is in the Absent Voters List for Wandsworth in 1918. It gives his address as 2 Hendham Road, SW17 (Upper Tooting) and the Description Of Service as

PZ/1127 A.B. H.M.S Pembroke II.

Any help would be very much appreciated. 

seaJane

This appears to be his service record, PZ reversed to ZP and date of birth 1894 https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/D7276359 available at £3.50 from The National Archives at Kew (or on Ancestry/FindMyPast, not sure which, free from a public library or to subscribers).

You may also be able to see enough from the preview option.

sJ

horatio2
Posted (edited)

sJ has found the correct record but it only covers his brief period in training for the RND before being transferred to sea service with the Fleet. The RNVR record for his sea service should be in ADM 337 but many RNVR ZP/PZ records do not appear there.

Edited by horatio2