Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

EwenHardie

Picked up this book on Amazon, a great read from Fergus Boyle who has put his Great Uncle Charles Tennant's letters home and diary into print.

Rarely are the horrors of war laid so bare before us.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CHUM-Memoir-Fergus-D-Boyle/dp/1092897739/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?keywords=chum+tennant&qid=1557157111&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr1

• 1 month later...
  • Admin

Brought this book on recommendation above, was not disappointed. 

Michelle 

It just goes to show that with the scale of people involved in the great war, there will still be newly shared resources to discover in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite an interesting read , shame it wasn't in hardback though and the letters were printed in small italics which was a strain on the eyes . One thing that puzzled

me was the identity of 'Coco' who is mentioned quite often in the letters and diary but I couldn't see his real name mentioned anywhere . I assume it probably was

Lieutenant Colin Mackenzie Cameron .

Many thanks all of you for your kind words about Chum. Black Maria - I note your comment about the italics and having had another look I can see what you mean. I will maybe see if I can adapt those parts to make them easier to read. As for Coco, I am pretty confident that he was indeed Colin Mackenzie Cameron.

1 hour ago, Kwachman said:

Many thanks all of you for your kind words about Chum. Black Maria - I note your comment about the italics and having had another look I can see what you mean. I will maybe see if I can adapt those parts to make them easier to read. As for Coco, I am pretty confident that he was indeed Colin Mackenzie Cameron.

Thanks for that , reading through the list of officers his was the only name that seemed to fit even though he was in a different company originally .

Edited by Black Maria