Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Gueudecourt 5 Nov 1916

I'm trying to find information on an Australian soldier's place of burial. Alexander George Tresidder, Anzac Section, 3rd Echelon, G.H.Q. British Expeditionary Force. Buried at: N21,C 52 Shar 57c S.W, 100 yds N.E of Gueudecourt, 2,300 yds N.W of Le Transloy, 8th Batt AIF, killed 5 Nov 1916. It appears his body was never recovered. I have been looking on google maps of that particular area and something came to mind of a possible burial spot that has never been looked into, making the point that it is just a possible spot. The Google map picture circled 'yellow' is the reference N21, in that grid is a small triangle of scrub that is fenced off from the surrounding farm land, I'm wondering if the local people there may know if that triangle contains remains. Just a very long shot I know but possible. Just wondering if any one knows of any one that has visited or knows any one living in that area that would have any knowledge of that triangle.

Alexander Tresidder.jpg

Alexander Tresidder Buried in France.jpg

Screenshot 1.png

Suspected area of mass buriel.png

awm4-1-48-8part1_14111916_3c.jpg

all i can offer you is an actual German aerial from November. Burial place inside red circle.

Aerial deleted

Edited by egbert
OP not interested

I am sick and tired -

OP starts a query, somebody sifts through his aerials , cropping, resizing blablabla, and like in this case never comes back (7 days now since posting). 

I have deleted my information and it will not be available anymore for the OP.