Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
Henk de Groot

brothersdiedonthesameday

Henk de Groot

To the "Generalship" of the Great War Forum:

It appears that Chris Baker has risen the total of his list of brothers who died on the same day from 328 to 334 sets of brothers.

On the 26th of April I've submitted another set of brothers on the Forum. It's about the Neary brothers (and a cousin). Can he check this out?

Another comment I want to make is about the Walsgrove brothers on his List. This set of brothers was submitted by a Mr. Andre Palfrey Martin.

He claims they died on 21 september 1916, but a picture on ww1cemeteries.com clearly shows they died on the 23rd of September.

It's on their CWGC headstone!

Another comment I want to make is about the Critchley brothers who died on the 26th of September. Chris calls them Crutchley. Why?

And last but not least: he submitted a set of three brothers on the 31st of May 1915, claiming they died during the Battle of Jutland.

My thought was this battle took place in 1916.........

I would be very pleased if someone of you can pass this on to Mr. Baker.

Kind regards, Henk de Groot.

Chris_Baker

Henk, I have emailed you several times. Have you changed your address since you sent my your original emails?

Chris_Baker

I've checked the email account from which I emailed you, Henk, and nothing has bounced back so I assume that your email address is still operational. Please check your junk email folder. You will find that I have sent you emails regarding some of the men on the list that you kindly sent, pointing out that the documentary evidence confirms that they were not brothers so I can't add them to the page. Your others are being added whenever I get a moment. Which, given that the page is not my highest priority, is not as quick as I would like.

Henk de Groot

To "General" Chris Baker:

I want to make my sincere apologies for my "enforced" absence!

I had to spend ten days in hospital because of heart problems and I hadn't the opportunity to mail you back.

Today I had the opportunity to check my mailbox.

Your mails came through alright, I'll thank you for that!

A few weeks ago I've submitted a request to check the Neary Brothers who appear to have been Killed In Action on 25 september 1915.

Did you find anything about this case? I would be very pleased if you checked this out.

Kind Regards and thank you for your patience!

Henk de Groot.