Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
Jim Strawbridge

Sarah Ellen THOMPSON, died 1917, Lancaster

Jim Strawbridge

This website shows a factory worker, Sarah Ellen Thompson, aged 24, as having died "of a scheduled industrial disease". 

http://www.documentingdissent.org.uk/the-trials-and-tribulations-of-the-lancaster-and-morecambe/

In trying to research her I have established that the death of Sarah E. Thompson was registered in the second quarter 1917 in the Lancaster registration district (aged 24). Using BMD she could have been the Sarah E. Thompson whose birth was registered in either Rochdale, Liverpool, Bolton, Mansfield or Morpeth (if in Lancashire) or almost anywhere else. And that is assuming that she was not a married woman.

Nothing meaningful seems to come up with Google searching. The only clue is that she is mentioned in the Lancaster Guardian for the 7th April 1917, p. 7, c. 2.

Does anyone have any information on her and in particular parents or husband's name so that I can establish a family background ?

ss002d6252
23 minutes ago, Jim Strawbridge said:

This website shows a factory worker, Sarah Ellen Thompson, aged 24, as having died "of a scheduled industrial disease". 

http://www.documentingdissent.org.uk/the-trials-and-tribulations-of-the-lancaster-and-morecambe/

In trying to research her I have established that the death of Sarah E. Thompson was registered in the second quarter 1917 in the Lancaster registration district (aged 24). Using BMD she could have been the Sarah E. Thompson whose birth was registered in either Rochdale, Liverpool, Bolton, Mansfield or Morpeth (if in Lancashire) or almost anywhere else. And that is assuming that she was not a married woman.

Nothing meaningful seems to come up with Google searching. The only clue is that she is mentioned in the Lancaster Guardian for the 7th April 1917, p. 7, c. 2.

Does anyone have any information on her and in particular parents or husband's name so that I can establish a family background ? 

There is a summary of the inquest here -  https://search.findmypast.co.uk/bna/viewarticle?id=bl%2f0000540%2f19170402%2f261

Died of Jaundice from TNT poisoning but no more personal details given above that already known. Inquest was on 31 March 1917 so presumably she died in the couple of weeks before then.

Craig

Edited by ss002d6252

Radlad

Only one death listed in 1917 for a Sarah Ellen Thompson aged 24 who died in Lancaster. Death was registered at Preston , registration LAN/103/84 in local records.

Can't locate any Burial service or internment in Church records online. May have been RC or Non-Conformist.

Bit too far north for me to go any further Jim, Sorry. Suggest you go with Preston

Jim Strawbridge

Thank you both for your responses.