Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

TNA Service Records Request

Chef_Hendrix

If anyone would be as so grateful to look up and take pictures of the following Officers Service Record https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C1175866 with info kindly supplied by the Forum I would appreciate it. I would of course reimburse for costs.

Thank you

Gaz

Hi David,

Thanks very much for that. I went through TNA themselves last time and after a lengthy wait it cost quite a bit more than I was expecting!

I'll give it a couple of days and then I will most likely go with your recommendation. Either way i'll update my post.

Thanks

Gaz

It never ceases to amaze me that the N.A. charge the same price for a medal index card as a war diary. There is no comparison, and the MIC is really poor quality whereas Ancestry do a free copy of a far better quality MIC  :rolleyes:

BillyH.

Gaz,

I will be at Kew on Thursday, no promises as I have a full day. However if I get the time I will pull his file and photograph it, as long as its not hundreds of pages.

Andy

Edited by stiletto_33853

On 23/04/2019 at 22:33, stiletto_33853 said:

Gaz,

I will be at Kew on Thursday, no promises as I have a full day. However if I get the time I will pull his file and photograph it, as long as its not hundreds of pages.

Andy

Hi Andy,

apologies i missed your reply. I assume you did not have the time but i appreciate your offer all the same.

Kind regards

Gaz

sorry, as you say ran out of time, although I am usually at Kew or the IWM once a fortnight.

Andy