Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

SWB record annotation

kenmorrison

The SWB record for Sergeant Harry Scott, 200022, King's Own Scottish Borderers - Badge No. 490610 is annotated with (I think)

Badge extd in Sec. K. CRU. 123 d/24.9.20.

I've never seen this before - any ideas what it means?

Ken

HI

Not sure on the rest, but it says CRV 123 d/ 24.9.20 - Certified Receipt Voucher 123d posted 24th September 1920.

There is a card which looks like a MIC but has SWB details on it and on the bottom it says Badge Certificate 490610 returned by Records and then your entry above and the reference on the end of LB 9877. So there was some issue with the badge before it was sent out???

regards

Robert

Thanks for that Robert. I'm now beginning to wonder if the notation reads "Badge ccld" meaning cancelled.

Harry (Henry) Scott died on 29 July 1920.

I've always assumed that SWBs were issued at discharge but was there in fact a time gap???

His medal card (as Harry) with his original service number of 509 (Private) and as Sgt. 20022 (sic) notes that he was Demob. 10/2/1919.

So, perhaps he never did get a SWB???

Ken

Edited by kenmorrison

Hi

Rather than Badge ccld  it is Badge extd which was the phrase used to mean Badge Extracted ie withdrawn the rest of the annotation will give the reason why it was extracted.

Steve