Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Trenchard Memorandum - Employment of the Royal Flying Corps in Defence

pjwmacro

In a variety of books and articles I have seen reference to a memorandum issued by General Trenchard in either January or February 1918. Entitled 'The Employment of the Royal Flying Corps in Defence.' However, I have not discovered a detailed reference for the article or where a copy might be held. I cannot find it through TNA's discovery search. Can anyone help?

Thanks, Paul

The memorandum appears to be part of  TNA  AIR 1/526/16/12/36

Endnote 64 in 

The Royal Flying Corps, the Western Front and the Control of the Air, 1914–1918 by James Pugh

https://books.google.com.au/books?id=4CDZDgAAQBAJ&lpg=PT169&ots=T95ivG_GBY&dq="Employment of the Royal Flying Corps in Defence."&pg=PT169#v=onepage&q="Employment of the Royal Flying Corps in Defence."&f=false

Cheers 

Maureen

5 hours ago, pjwmacro said:

In a variety of books and articles I have seen reference to a memorandum issued by General Trenchard in either January or February 1918. Entitled 'The Employment of the Royal Flying Corps in Defence.' However, I have not discovered a detailed reference for the article or where a copy might be held. I cannot find it through TNA's discovery search. Can anyone help?

Thanks, Paul

Hi

In Appendix XIV of 'War in the Air' Volume IV is 'The Employment of the Royal Flying Corps in Defence' a Memorandum issued by GHQ, 16th January 1918.  It is two and a half pages in length.  These volumes are still available on-line I believe.

Mike