Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The Men of Midhurst War Memorial

mbriscoe

Bit off the beaten track!

• Admin

If we are retaking the scenic route to the channel ports, we always stop off in Midhusrt for a coffee. Lovely little town 

But a long way from the wilds of Jockshire ;)

46 minutes ago, Steven Broomfield said:

Bit off the beaten track!

Working my way through my folders of pictures.  There are some pictures of Midhurst on the WMR but it was a nice sunny day when I took mine so thought that might as well add.  There are some in a church down there that I might be able to crop and use if they are war memorial plaques - advantage of taking pictures in RAW mode!

Only problem is when you go to get dates from the BNA, keep noticing other memorials are not on the WMR!

There was a trophy gun in Midhurst but as often happened there was some controversy about displaying it so probably long gone.  I have opened a record anyway so that it is recorded.  I have a couple to add for Bosham also but think I will go and eat first.

Chuffed with this one (and another next to it) from yesterday.  I thought it was some strange cloud effect but then realised it is the hillside behind.

22 minutes ago, Steven Broomfield said:

But a long way from the wilds of Jockshire ;)

Got to get to some civilisation occasionally.

Nice. I'm trying to persuade Mrs Broomfield that she needs to visit Glenfinnan.

55 minutes ago, mbriscoe said:

Got to get to some civilisation occasionally.

You might think that ...

Glenfinnan is wonderful. All round Loch Shiel is, in fact.

20 hours ago, seaJane said:

Glenfinnan is wonderful. All round Loch Shiel is, in fact.

I drove the length of it many years ago, I think the gate was locked so turned around and went back.  I have been to the burial island a couple of times. 

You get a nice view of the Glenfinnan Monument if you walk up to the old ROC post - some [iictures,

The big problem is parking, they have been overwhelmed with tourists in the last few years and often nowhere to park.  No Waiting cones all over the place - a police officer said that most of the Lochaber Division' cones were there!  They (the estate) are going to build a car park now and some work does seem about to start.

Also the estate charge £10 (?) for a permit to fly a drone.