Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Polish Military Experts?

BKK

I was wondering if there is anyone here who is knowledgeable in the Polish Military of 1918-1920.

I have spent a lot of previous time researching my Swiss German Grandfather's WW1 History, but have finally obtained a lead on my other Polish/German Grandfather in the Polish Military Archives.

Preliminary research has me to believe he was one of the 200 Polish Scouts who helped start the Polish Uprising in Poznan on 28 December 1918 against the Germans. I found 2 scan records relating to him. One showing that he received the Polish Cross of Valor, and what looks like a post war military locator card. Stamped rejected in 1935. 

There is a Polish scout website that lists him as one of 7 Scouts to receive the cross of valor. http://historia.nowemiasto.zhp.wlkp.pl/kronika/w-powstaniu-wielkopolskim-i-dalszych-walkach-o-granice-rzeczypospolitej

The original Scout company was the seed which filled the ranks of the 1st Wielkopolska Rife Regiment a couple weeks later. He spent the rest of the war fighting with this unit I imagine.

I am looking for anyone who might be able to provide any further information or sources.

Thank you!

Jozef Trafas Krzyz Walecznych.jpg

Website Screen Shot.PNG

Jozef Trafas Mil Record.jpg