Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
Dai Bach y Sowldiwr

Pembrokeshire Absent Voters List 1918

Dai Bach y Sowldiwr

Just a quick note to announce that if anyone is researching a Pembrokeshire soldier of the Great War, the Pembrokeshire Absent Voters List 1918 can now be seen, downloaded, searched etc. either by following the link on the Long Long Trail website:

http://www.longlongtrail.co.uk/soldiers/how-to-research-a-soldier/finding-soldiers-through-the-1918-absent-voters-lists/

or directly from the Dyfed Family History Society website:

https://www.dyfedfhs.org.uk/pembs-avl-1918.php

The list contains some 7200 names, and is available FREE OF CHARGE.

Thanks to member jay dubaya who transcribed the original document (held at Pembrokeshire County Archives) into an MS Word file and PDF.

I subsequently converted the Word file into an Excel in order to enable an A-Z sort, then converted back to a PDF.

So 2 PDFs are available, the first sorted by Parish, the second sorted by A-Z.

It may be that when Dyfed FHS upgrade their server shortly, they will be able to upload an Excel version of the data.

Edited by Dai Bach y Sowldiwr

clive_hughes

I recall using the original volume years ago in the Pembs. County Archives - a chance survival in amongst a law firm's strongroom contents!

Diolch Dai,

Clive  

Dai Bach y Sowldiwr
36 minutes ago, clive_hughes said:

I recall using the original volume years ago in the Pembs. County Archives - a chance survival in amongst a law firm's strongroom contents!

Fascinating.

37 minutes ago, clive_hughes said:

Diolch Dai,

Clive  

...and jay dubaya!

clive_hughes

Indeed, Dai Bach, a worthwhile piece of work by him which will be much appreciated.

Clive

jay dubaya

A big thanks to Dai Bach for his time and effort in getting this AVL online where it belongs and I’m sure it will be of great assistance to anyone researching local men and women in the area. 

J