Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Peggy Edna Miles Nee Gale

BobbyT

Dear ph0ebus,

I am a new Member of the GWForum,.......and hopeless at navigating through it, so please accept my apologies in advance!.

I am Robert Twitchin, Grandchild of Tom Gale,.......Percy gale was my Great Uncle.

My dear Mother Violet, was one of Tom Gale's three Daughters.

I do hope that we can swap information on the quite extensive Exeter Gale Family.

On a previous thread, (when you were discussing the tragic deaths of Percy and Family at 178 Monks Rd, Exeter)......you were asking why the child Peggy Edna Miles was at the house that fateful night?.

Peggy was Percy Gale's Neice.

Her Mother Emily, was Percy's younger Sister.

Hope to hear from you again.

Sincerely     Robert Twitchin  (BobbyT)

Ive sent ph0ebus a message so they know you posted this

Hi Coldstreamer,

Thank you for responding, and also for contacting ph0ebus,.......very considerate of you.

(I will say that as a newcomer to this Forum, I find that I am up to my neck in confusion as to how it all works!)

Give me straightforward old E mail every time.

Kind Regards   BobbyT

Bobby,

You've put a lot of personal information in your posts above, including your email address. Don't forget that this Forum can be accessed by anyone - you don't need a password to read it, only to comment. You may wish to consider removing some of it. You can contact individuals on the Forum direct by clicking their names (ie BobbyT) then clicking 'mail' when their details come up.

Acknown

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Acknown,

Thank you for your guidance about my E Mail address,.......I appreciate your suggestion that perhaps I should remove this detail, but I do not know how to remove anything!?

BobbyT

Hi Bobby

Let me endorse Acknown's advice. Apart from the risk of your email address being harvested by spammers, we prefer to see info posted in the Forum so that everyone can see it, to prevent duplication of effort. Very occasionally there can be be very personal details that understandably should be passed on privately.

To edit your post: at bottom left below your name you should see

+   quote   edit

Clock on "edit" and delete your last sentence - or whatever.

There's no reason to give a "Reason for edit", though you could say "to delete email address". Some of us who spot a spelling mistake or other infelicity in one of our previous posts often don't own up.

Moonraker

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bobby, all,

I do sincerely apologize for the lateness of my reply!  I have been away from the forum for some time.  I would indeed be most interested in connecting with you!  You can contact me via email at ph0ebus at optonline dot net.  My email address is already out there on various web pages I have so not terribly concerned about posting it here.

Thank you to Coldstreamer for the PM...greatly appreciated.

Bobby, I have a great deal of information on the Gales, though my uncle Walter Gale is the real expert.  Once we are connected via email I can connect you to him.  I am sure he would love to hear from you!

Best wishes from New York,

Daniel