Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

52nd Division History by Thompson, seek online version

Skipman

Does anyone have a digital/editable/copyable version on "The Fifty-Second Lowland Division 1914-1918" by Lt-Col R R Thompson, M.C., or does anyone know of an online version same?

I have a copy of the book but it would be a great help to have a digital copy rather than have to transcribe it.

Cheers Mike

1 hour ago, Skipman said:

Does anyone have a digital/editable/copyable version on "The Fifty-Second Lowland Division 1914-1918" by Lt-Col R R Thompson, M.C., or does anyone know of an online version same?

I have a copy of the book but it would be a great help to have a digital copy rather than have to transcribe it.

Cheers Mike

Hi Mike,

I downloaded a copy from the British Library. They have a number of divisional and regimental histories for download -.

http://access.bl.uk/item/viewer/ark:/81055/vdc_100022558413.0x000002#?c=0&m=0&s=0&cv=0&xywh=-347%2C-492%2C6937%2C4078

Dave

Thanks Dave. Am struggling to download that for some reason. It's not possible to copy & paste the text of that, is it?

Mike

I don't think so, but I've never tried. I know you can download page by page or the full volume on books that are not in copyright. Right now I'm trying to load "The 62nd Division" just to see if the site is still working.

I don't think it's working, continuous downloading symbol but never completes. How many pages do you need, or are you looking for the entire book?

2 minutes ago, lostinspace said:

I don't think it's working, continuous downloading symbol but never completes. How many pages do you need, or are you looking for the entire book?

I ca't get it to work either but, I suspect I won't be able to copy & paste the text. I need quite a bit of the book, and have a hard copy so don't worry about it and thanks very much for your help. I willprobably transcribe it by hand which is probably the best way as the information sinks in.

Cheers Mike

No problem. I do have a pdf copy if you need it.

Dave

1 hour ago, lostinspace said:

No problem. I do have a pdf copy if you need it.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I will send a pm shortly and take you up on your kind offer. I will see if it is possible to copy & paste it, and report back.

Thanks again

Mike