Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Port Said, 1917 - from a RN MO's journal

seaJane

"A 26 yr old man swallowed his dental plate whilst asleep. Various procedures were tried. Finally after 52 hours the false teeth were passed per rectum."

"A Fleet Paymaster sustained injuries from a runaway horse which collided with his bicycle."

17 minutes ago, seaJane said:

"A 26 yr old man swallowed his dental plate whilst asleep. Various procedures were tried. Finally after 52 hours the false teeth were passed per rectum."

"A Fleet Paymaster sustained injuries from a runaway horse which collided with his bicycle."

The 1st sounds rather uncomfortable to say the least but at least it all bottomed out in the end.

Craig

The 1st sounds painful. When did the Navy get dentists separate to MO's? Different colour bands to medics? 

The 2nd has happened in more recent times, other bicycle accidents available(getting officers to salute whilst they cycle camp :whistle:

1 hour ago, Scalyback said:

When did the Navy get dentists separate to MO's

Can't remember without checking but I think 1905. 

Sorry Jane missed your reply, thank you. I'm sure the colour scheme they had was quite terrible but for the life of me can't remember it. 

I thought it used to be orange, but I met a new toothwright at work in January, and his distinction cloths seemed more vermilion, as opposed to the surgeons' crimson.

1 hour ago, seaJane said:

I thought it used to be orange, but I met a new toothwright at work in January, and his distinction cloths seemed more vermilion, as opposed to the surgeons' crimson.

Orange that's the colour, again thank you. 

De ñada :)