Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Harland and Wolff memorial Liverpool

steve parlanti

• 5 months later...

On 16/03/2019 at 11:07, steve parlanti said:

Hi everyone. Many thanks for your comments and help. Nothing has come to light yet, but I have a few enquiries still out and so am optimistic. If anything does turn up I'll be certain to post it. Steve

More details regarding unveiling by Lady Pirie with photographs.

http://theyard.info/misc/roh.asp

Edited by BarbaraG

• 4 weeks later...

Steve Parlanti, I am indebted to you for your sterling work in recovering this memorial. My grandfather's brother was William Halsall, second down centre column so if you had any doubt it was the Bootle memorial I can confirm that indeed it is. My father was called William Halsall as well, as in turn was my brother, and now there is a toddler by the same name too. His name certainly hasn't been forgotten in my family! If you have any update on the location of the memorial I would be delighted to know.

By coincidence, William had a brother Walter, also in the 7th King's Liverpool. He also fell in the war and his name was recorded for all time on a memorial by his employer which was Litherland Tannery, http://www.merseysiderollofhonour.co.uk/memorials/southsefton/litherlandtannery.php In similar circumstances the memorial was lost and in this case later recovered in someone's back garden. I am glad to report that that memorial is now safely ensconced in St Philip's church, Litherland! Lets hope your memorial has a similar happy ending.

Cheers

Pete

On 15/02/2020 at 01:37, Nancy said:

Hi Steve,

Just came upon this and was very excited. The plaque has the name of my uncle Mark Killoran. Would love to know where this ended up.

Nancy

U.S.

Nancy. So sorry, I've only just seen your post. I've just started getting involved in this again, and hope to be able to post something positive in the not too distant future. 

H&W LIverpool 1.JPG

H&W LIverpool 2.JPG

• 3 years later...

I'm working on memorials in the Liverpool area for the IWM's War Memorials Register. This Liverpool H&W plaque is so far unrecorded - so I'll be putting one up. It would be useful to be able to include its present location. Does anybody know what happened next in the saga?

• Admin

Tagging @steve parlanti

19 minutes ago, Padre Bill said:

I'm working on memorials in the Liverpool area for the IWM's War Memorials Register. This Liverpool H&W plaque is so far unrecorded - so I'll be putting one up. It would be useful to be able to include its present location. Does anybody know what happened next in the saga?

If you can private message me I can give you up to date details. Thanks.