Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Coxyde Military Cemetery

temptage

Does anybody have plans to visit Coxyde, or already have photos from there? I have two men whose headstones I would like a high resolution photograph of.

I.I.19 - Bailey, FE - Manchester Regiment

I.I.26 - Storr, A - Northumberland Fusiliers

• Admin

Member Steven P Nunn seems to visit quite regularly.Might be worth asking him?

Michelle

I went there to take headstone photos of Australian tunnelers   for a gwf member,not knowing, I parked outside, one the red lane,when I came out my car had been towed away, I walked up to the nearby police station where the chap said sorry,he said as my car was a long way away he would get me a taxi.Shortly after up comes a police car the man said"here is your taxi",when I posted warning gwf not to park out side one said he parks up the road at the nearby Aldi car park .

To add insult to injuring the GWF member never even said thank you :w00t:

3 hours ago, BIFFO said:

I went there to take headstone photos of Australian tunnelers   for a gwf member,not knowing, I parked outside, one the red lane,when I came out my car had been towed away, I walked up to the nearby police station where the chap said sorry,he said as my car was a long way away he would get me a taxi.Shortly after up comes a police car the man said"here is your taxi",when I posted warning gwf not to park out side one said he parks up the road at the nearby Aldi car park .

The only time I visited back in 2012 there just happened to be a cycle race going on so the only place I could park was in the Aldi car park, so as it was around dinnertime I decided to partake in the sandwiches and drink while the peloton passed by. Nothing ventured lol

You could try the following sources:

British War Graves

http://www.britishwargraves.co.uk

(images provided free of charge)

The War Graves Photographic Project

https://www.twgpp.org

(images provided for a charge to cover costs)

The second source provides a free thumbnail image with each search result - those for Bailey and Storr attached.

Mark

Bailey.JPG

Storr.JPG

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 19:01, BIFFO said:

Attached is a copy of the e-mail correspondence, as you see I DID say thank you

Dear Biffo

Thanks very much for these.

I am in Australia visiting family but will be home 6th Jan & will download then

Thanks Again & Best Regards

Peter

To: peterbennett88
Subject: Re: coxyde cemetery better late than never
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 16:15:47 +000

hi peter,

sorry im late but heres your photos,if I have missed any get intouch and I will have a look in my "archive"

happy new year

biffo

Edited by Peter Bennett
typo

On 03/03/2019 at 15:37, temptage said:

Does anybody have plans to visit Coxyde, or already have photos from there? I have two men whose headstones I would like a high resolution photograph of.

I.I.19 - Bailey, FE - Manchester Regiment

I.I.26 - Storr, A - Northumberland Fusiliers

If you confirm you still need these, I should be there at some stage between 12 and 15 March.