Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Georg Reinhold No 4688 POW research help needed.

Jools mckenna

I am pretty sure that this is George Reinhold of Jager Battalion 11(if I've read the rank correctly) who appears 3 times on the Verlustlisten but the only Georg Reinhold I could find was Landsturm so have I read the back incorrectly?

Pow back.jpg

Pow front.jpg

Pow letter p1.jpg

Pow letter p2.jpg

6 minutes ago, charlie2 said:

Thanks, Charlie. 

Thanks Charlie. I'm terrible at searching through ICRC cards.

Both Viesebeck where the Treschhaus family live and Burghasungen where Georg comes from are in Landkreis (l/) Wolfhagen Bezirk Kassel.

Have you been able to read the letter?

Max

7 minutes ago, MaxD said:

Have you been able to read the letter?

No, unfortunately. (I have been able to read some very very tiny bits.)

Edited by Jools mckenna

He is writing to the Treschhaus family who are clearly family friends living near to his home in the same district

Dear Family Treschhaus

Yesterday the 21st March I received your lovely parcel, it contained two sausages, I was delighted with it and say thank you very much.  I shall now tell you about my present situation in a few words.  It is going fine so far for me here thank God, above all my health, how are you then?  Hopefully you are all still healthy and happy.  How is Mr Anton Treschhaus?  Is he still in his old [troop] unit? I wish him all the best and shall hope that after this awful war he can return to his homeland in good health and unwounded. 

Now fare well and goodbye.  I send you the warmest greetings [Signed]

Greetings to the Hausmanns, Kummels and all who know me

Max

16 minutes ago, MaxD said:

He is writing to the Treschhaus family who are clearly family friends living near to his home in the same district

Dear Family Treschhaus

Yesterday the 21st March I received your lovely parcel, it contained two sausages, I was delighted with it and say thank you very much.  I shall now tell you about my present situation in a few words.  It is going fine so far for me here thank God, above all my health, how are you then?  Hopefully you are all still healthy and happy.  How is Mr Anton Treschhaus?  Is he still in his old [troop] unit? I wish him all the best and shall hope that after this awful war he can return to his homeland in good health and unwounded. 

Now fare well and goodbye.  I send you the warmest greetings [Signed]

Greetings to the Hausmanns, Kummels and all who know me

Max

Thanks Max.