The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

can someone tell me about these bullets

arantxa

the bottom one has turkish writing on the bottom on the case

IMG_6386.jpg

IMG_6391.jpg

IMG_6398.jpg

might be 6.5mm Mannlicher Schoenauer of the Greek army (i think i saw epsilon on the headstamp).

Assaf

On 26/02/2019 at 17:38, assafx said:

might be 6.5mm Mannlicher Schoenauer of the Greek army (i think i saw epsilon on the headstamp).

Assaf

I thought that as a possibility for the lower round in pic 2, or maybe Mannlicher Carcano. The upper round in the same pic looks like 30-06 US.

The round in the bottom pic has me stumped for now - the short neck and distinct taper doesn't look like any I know. I'd assume it's about 7,5 - 7,62mm calibre, but I doubt the bullet belongs.

50 minutes ago, MikB said:

I thought that as a possibility for the lower round in pic 2, or maybe Mannlicher Carcano. The upper round in the same pic looks like 30-06 US.

The round in the bottom pic has me stumped for now - the short neck and distinct taper doesn't look like any I know. I'd assume it's about 7,5 - 7,62mm calibre, but I doubt the bullet belongs.

Agree.

But wothout meassurements and stamps hard to say.

2 hours ago, MikB said:

I'm wondering about a 7,92x57 with a shortened neck. Turkish use could make sense.

Top one    looks like   .30-06 or 7.9 x 57 mm, can't tell either way

Second one in the same photo appears to be a 6.5 x 54mm Mannlicter Shoenauer .  (Base diameter should be 11.353 mm)

Last one, I suspect is a 7.65 x 53 Mauser (Base diameter should be 11.887 mm)

Case length and base diameter are always helpful when trying to identify cartridge cases

Hope that helps