Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

USS ISABEL

rene

I am looking for detailed informations about this boat. The USS ISABEL leaved USA o january 28th 1918 to each Brest in France. I would like to know if she was alone or part of a convoy. If so which ships were in this convoy.. does a log book exists ? Any i formation will help.

Is this any use?

Pictures and data here (inc a brief description of wartime record from a 1921 newspaper)

Chris

Chris,

I'm not sure if it helps rene, but what you referenced is from the U.S. official history Series Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships. An updated version, with more detail is available here.

Best wishes,

Michael

13 hours ago, Michael Lowrey said:

Chris,

I'm not sure if it helps rene, but what you referenced is from the U.S. official history Series Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships. An updated version, with more detail is available here.

Best wishes,

Michael

Hi Chris and Michael

Thank you so much for your help. All these data are very helpful for my project (a graphic novel).

I am focus on this period 1918 till 1930 about the story of this ship. Any information related to this period and this ship will be very helpful for me.

I need for instance documentation about the ports of Brest and Ponta Delgada, the german submarines concerned with the story of Isabel.

Later on the period of Yangtze patrol, images, movies or any kind of medias are very welcome.

Best regards

Rene

Rene,

I was in Ponta Delgada last year. There's a good museum that has quite a lot of info about the shelling of the town by a German U Boat.

Also a memorial to the Portuguese Navy 1914-1918.

13 hours ago, 58 Div Mule said:

It's the old fort on the seafront at the western end of the harbour.

Thank you.  

14 hours ago, rene said:

Hi

i am in Ponta Delgada now. Could you tell me in which museum ?

thank you for your help

Just now, rene said:

Thank you.