Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Somme Area - May 27th to the 31st

James Brown

Hi Pals

I'm making my first solo visit to the battlefields of France in May this year. (No organised tour - no wife).

It will be to the Somme area for 5 days so if i plan well I'll probably get all the requests done.

If anyone wants any photographs taken of the area, grave or memorial PM me your address or post below.

I'll need all these details and I can email you a high resolution photo or I can post on here.

Soldiers Name
Regiment
Cemetery/Memorial
Grave/Memorial reference

If anyone is in the area say hello.

Aye
James

Many thanks James.  If you are over at Grove Town Cemetery would appreciate a photo of Frank Hitchin.

AD5D0E84-8CB2-43D8-8C34-69AAAE4DECF4.png

On 23/02/2019 at 23:11, Ghazala said:

Many thanks James.  If you are over at Grove Town Cemetery would appreciate a photo of Frank Hitchin.

Got it

I have 2 other men to get in Grove Town as well I'll be in touch Pal

Regards

James 

Hello James , No photo required but if you have time whilst at Grovetown could you just stay a few seconds  at the grave of Henry Dimmock, 4 th Worcester’s ll. K. 30 .....haven’t been for a couple of years and I would appreciate it very much , Regards Colin

30 minutes ago, gilbo139 said:

Hello James , No photo required but if you have time whilst at Grovetown could you just stay a few seconds  at the grave of Henry Dimmock, 4 th Worcester’s ll. K. 30 .....haven’t been for a couple of years and I would appreciate it very much , Regards Colin

I certainly will so Colin, happy to oblige.

Regards

James

Ill be going over there from 27th to 30th, so may bump into each other, but considering the number of different Cemeteries the likelihood is negligible. I am normally in and out the Cemetery in a matter of minutes, park up, find headstone(s), photograph headstones, back in car and off to the next one.

This will be the 4th time ive been over there, 3 times on my own and once with my sister, and my personal record is 27 Cemeteries and Memorials in ONE day, so I like to plan well and sort a route out for each individual day. That is most important or you will find yourself zigzagging willy nilly all over the place.

If you are looking for somewhere relatively cheap to stay, try the hotelF1 at Arras. Just over £20 a night, perfect for getting your head down