Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

UK GRAVES

FredJCarss

In my wanderings trying to photograph as many Black Watch graves I can I have become increasingly concerned about the stones.

CWGC gravestones are maintained but family stones are not as a rule. They have eroded, fallen over, been removed as unsafe or even cleared to make graveyard maintenance easy.

I feel its time for pals to act go to any cemetery near you with a camera and snap away - you may never get another chance.

Copy commerations of soldiers killed overseas and commerated at home before they are lost!

Act before its too late - please.

Fred

Martin

Many thanks, I had seen this site some time ago. I was not sure if it just covered CWGC stones or included family ones and family ones that commerate those killed overseas.

Some of these family stones hold odd information not found anywhere else.

Fred

Fred

The site covers all British war graves - both those with CWGC headstones and those with private ones. They also collect pics of headstones with memorial inscriptions to relatives buried elsewhere and of war casualties outside the two world war periods.

Thanks Terry

I see so many interesting graves on my haunts round cemeteries that are very obviously on 'borrowed time'.

Fred