Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
Gerijohnb

Pension records

Gerijohnb

Trying to view pension record ledger 3/MB/ No 15670. Cannot seem to find on ancestry but takes me to fold 3 and asking me to pay again. Is there anywhere I can view it for free. My father Thomas Bishop RFA 92687. Found most of it about him with some of your help previously. 92nd Battery 29th Division.

rolt968

There is free access for members of the Western Front Association. See this thread:

Otherwise, access to the actual documents is via Fold3.

RM

Gerijohnb

Thank you David. Just checked on the site and you have to pay to join. There is no free access. Fold 3 do offer a free short access for seven days. Have you or any others any experience of this ad I know you have to give card details. Is it safe to do this as it seems to be an American site.

ss002d6252
6 minutes ago, Gerijohnb said:

Thank you David. Just checked on the site and you have to pay to join. There is no free access. Fold 3 do offer a free short access for seven days. Have you or any others any experience of this ad I know you have to give card details. Is it safe to do this as it seems to be an American site.

You have to be signed up as a Western Front Association Member and then use the specific link from the WFA site to access the records or sign up separately to Fold3.

There is no issue signing up to Fold3 for a trial - just remember to cancel it.

Craig