Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Contacting David Platt, Auchonvillers/Beaumont Hamel

Michael Thomson

Hello. 

I'm very keen on seeing the Bouzincourt tunnels and I believe that Mr Platt is the right person to speak to to organise a tour but the email address that I've seen for him on this website as well as on his own site is coming up as 'invalid' (daveplatt.dp@googlemail.com).

Does anyone know of an alternative email address? 

Thanks in advance!

Dave doesnt arrange them anymore as he has left the Somme, you need to contasct the mayor at Bouzincourt who will take you down the tunnels. He is on

jean-luc.rouvillain@wanadoo.fr

Tony

2 hours ago, John Cubin said:

Hi!

Does the mayor speak English?

Not a lot! But he is very amusing.

Tony

I emailed him today in my best A-Level French. Waiting for a reply with great anticipation.

Considering the level of my French I expect I'll have to wait until he's finished having a chuckle before he replies!  

Edited by Michael Thomson
Spelling error

I emailed the Maire of Pys for some information a year ago, never got a reply. Either not interested or the translator I used was the wrong dialect🤓, they hold office for a while so chances of getting wrong email address are slim but possible.

13 hours ago, Michael Thomson said:

I emailed him today in my best A-Level French. Waiting for a reply with great anticipation.

Considering the level of my French I expect I'll have to wait until he's finished having a chuckle before he replies!  

If you don't happen to receive a reply, another possibility is via the official email as per this website which, incidentally, has someone else as the Maire - but I don't know the age of this info, other than post 2014 elections:

http://www.linternaute.com/ville/bouzincourt/ville-80129/mairie

12 hours ago, chaz said:

I emailed the Maire of Pys for some information a year ago, never got a reply. Either not interested or the translator I used was the wrong dialect🤓, they hold office for a while so chances of getting wrong email address are slim but possible.

Took me 2 emails to get a reply.

Tony

On 07/02/2019 at 08:53, KIRKY said:

Dave doesnt arrange them anymore as he has left the Somme, you need to contasct the mayor at Bouzincourt who will take you down the tunnels. He is on

jean-luc.rouvillain@wanadoo.fr

Tony

‘Left the Somme’. . . 

or been chased off?

1 minute ago, mills-bomb said:

‘Left the Somme’. . . 

or been chased off?

Either way, the tunnels are well worth a visit if you can make contact with rhe local mayor.

2 hours ago, mills-bomb said:

‘Left the Somme’. . . 

or been chased off?

Sold up after his stint, do not think Dave would be chased off!

Tony

Roger that...