Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Rev. Joseph Harwood Little - Capt. C.J.H. Harwood OBE

GWF1967

PS I know the St Richard's Hospital (Chichester)) boardroom has portraits on the wall. I also know someone who used to work there, so I'll ask about CJ H-L.

Edited by seaJane
Correction

• 1 year later...

I thought this name looked familiar.......

In case anyone’s interested, here’s a portrait photo from my collection of the Rev. Joseph Harwood Little.

85CFDEE5-4812-4239-9306-69D9E1240F99.jpeg

1 hour ago, Philippa said:

Thank you headgardener. Sounds like you have more? 
Philippa 

Ah, no, I can see that my message may have read as though I had a collection relating to JHL, but No. I have a collection of images, and JHL is one of them. I bought that particular image from a postcard dealer about 30 years ago. Chaplains would often give out postcards like this to their flock, often with encouraging or uplifting messages on them. This particular image was given by JHL to someone called "H. Smiles".  I can forward a better copy to you if you'd like?

3 hours ago, headgardener said:

In case anyone’s interested, the Rev. Joseph Harwood Little.

85CFDEE5-4812-4239-9306-69D9E1240F99.jpeg

Thank you, very much interested.  

Many thanks to all for your contributions,  I now have pictures of both of these gentlemen.

I have been the proud custodian of these medals for 18 months, thanks to the forum they have now returned home.  

1 hour ago, GWF1967 said:

Many thanks to all for your contributions,  I now have pictures of both of these gentlemen.

I have been the proud custodian of these medals for 18 months, thanks to the forum they have now returned home.  

Well done! That's a really nice outcome!

That's a good outcome. Well done GWF1967. Philippa, I was glad to be able to help.

sJ

• spof changed the title to Rev. Joseph Harwood Little - Capt. C.J.H. Harwood OBE