Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Cryer Farm

BlackSeptember1918

Hi

I was checking up on some more places to visit when me and my wife spend 3 days in Ypres at the start of June . I saw this German dugout at Cryer Farm mentioned and wondered if this would be worth visiting ?. From what I read it is only accesible on a tour coach ..is that right ?.

We will be driving around ( hopefully remembering to be on the correct side of the road ) ...so is Cryer Farm worth visiting and would it be worth taking the tour to see it . Anyone gone on this tour ?..and who is the operator ?.

Thanks.

Phil.

If you want to visit it, you just have to phone to the museum at zonnebeke.

Or contact me ;) i can get in too.

bkristof

Thanks for that mate . I'll ask at the museum in person and try to get a tour for the day or so after that .

Paul

I saw it on an old web page concerning the opening of the museum in 2004 .

Phil.

Thanks Phil - I was just interested where you had seen it. Kristof is the man to help with contacts for a visit. I hadn't heard you needed to be "on a tour" to see it, which is why I was interested. I am presuming this isn't true, Kristof?

As far as i know (and i don't think it changed) everybody can visit the site BUT you need to ask it at the tourist office of Zonnebeke, in the museum.

It is a very interesting site.

As far as i know (and i don't think it changed) everybody can visit the site BUT you need to ask it at the tourist office of Zonnebeke, in the museum.

It is a very interesting site.

No Kristof, not true.

I have been there with Franky (the conservator) only a week ago and he stated again that you can only visit it in a Zonnebeke museum arrangement tour.

Remember it is in the private garden of someone. If the visiting would become overwhelming the gentleman's agreement between the site owner and the museum might come to an end, which would be a loss for everyone.

This Zonnebeke museum guide course (which you attended also) had a certain purpose. So yes, they can go with you after informing the museum and no, they can not go on their own even after having informed the museum (or Franky should make an exception, which imho is a dangerous thing).

See you

Erwin