Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Leeds Pals

Dean From Leeds

Can anyone please let me know of any books about the Leeds Pals other than Leeds Pals by Laurie Milner, Leeds Pals by Stephen Wood and Leeds Pals a researchers handbook?

I am trying to find more information about my Great Uncle George Henry Hitchen 15/1772.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Dean

Can't help with any further books but you could try Leeds Central Library on The Headrow.

The Liddle Collection, Leeds Uni., Brotherton Library, Woodhouse Lane, has quite a lot of resources and their catalogue can be accessed at explore.library.leeds.ac.uk/special-collections-explore/Liddle%20Collection?selection=Liddle%20Collection&query=leeds%20pals&browseQuery=Search&c.

Likewise West Yorkshire Archive Service has a number of items relating to the Leeds Pals and agin their catalogue can be accessed online http://www.catalogue.wyjs.org.uk/calmview/Overview.aspx

Don't know if you are aware but George Hitchen is mentioned here leedspalsvolunteerresearchers.wordpress.com//?s=hitchen&search=Go

Yorkshire Evening Post 7th Aug 1916

hitchen yep 7 8 16.PNG

Edited by ilkley remembers

Kim,

Many thanks for the reply, I have the information that you mentioned from Ancestry however i am not sure about the one that you mention from Find my past.

Regards Dean

12 hours ago, ilkley remembers said:

Can't help with any further books but you could try Leeds Central Library on The Headrow.

The Liddle Collection, Leeds Uni., Brotherton Library, Woodhouse Lane, has quite a lot of resources and their catalogue can be accessed at explore.library.leeds.ac.uk/special-collections-explore/Liddle%20Collection?selection=Liddle%20Collection&query=leeds%20pals&browseQuery=Search&c.

Likewise West Yorkshire Archive Service has a number of items relating to the Leeds Pals and agin their catalogue can be accessed online http://www.catalogue.wyjs.org.uk/calmview/Overview.aspx

Don't know if you are aware but George Hitchen is mentioned here leedspalsvolunteerresearchers.wordpress.com//?s=hitchen&search=Go

Yorkshire Evening Post 7th Aug 1916

hitchen yep 7 8 16.PNG

Many thanks for the reply, I find this one very sad but I assume that there were loads of people looking for loved ones after the fateful day. Many thanks for the information. 

Many thanks for the reply, I find this one very sad but I assume that there were loads of people looking for loved ones after the fateful day. Many thanks for the information.

regards Dean