Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Walking. The Pilkem Ridge

20th Division

Planning a trip to Ypres for 2 whole days to include a circular 4 or 5 mile walk across the Pilkem Ridge (Yser canal / Steenbeek/ langemark) any suggested routes, paths or places not-to-be-missed please? I would like to include the "eagle Trench" area if feasible.

Thanks. Dave

I have to check (don't have the book at hand right now... back home tomorrow evening) but I think there's a walk in Paul Reed's "Walking the Salient" that covers that area. The 2017 edition ("Walking Ypres") has a walk covering Langemark ... which reminds me that I still have to buy that one!

M.

Edited by Marilyne

Hi Marilyne.

Thanks for that-------look forward to details---much appreciated. Regards Dave. 

Dave, 

sorry I did not come back to you thursday ... had to bring my car in with brake problems and completely forgot about it. 

I checked the 1st version of "walking the Salient" but there is not, as I thought, a march around Pilckem. But definitely in the new one (it's in my Amazon basket). 

Greetz, 

Marilyne

Hello Marilyne,    Thanks for that---appreciated. Hope our brakes problem is now sorted-------Best wishes. Dave.