Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

seaJane

TNA Kew - request for officer's papers

seaJane

If some kind person going to Kew could very kindly look up and obtain images of this set of papers http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C1088533 (husband's grandfather) I'll be most grateful. Expenses reimbursed, of course.

Thank you!

sJ

hmsk212

Hi seaJane, I've sent you a pm re this document.

Steve

hmsk212

bump

seaJane

Oh yes, I had it, sorry not to have replied! This evening!

seaJane

Hi Steve,

Guess what I forgot to do yesterday evening ... so sorry!

The truth is, I am so embarrassed that I haven't quite known what to do, but have decided that the best thing is to 'fess up. Someone else on the forum wrote to say they were going to Kew and would take the photos, but there was a month before it happened, and when he sent the photos back I clean forgot to make a note of it on the thread.

I can't bear to think of you having to say to your wife that hers was duplicated effort! I'm very happy for you to tell her that I'm very very grateful (which I am). Please can I send her a bunch of flowers or some chocolates or something? At least you need not now go to the trouble of sending the images to me ...

I could kick myself, I really could.

Hope you'll forgive me ..

Jane

hmsk212

Hi Jane,

No problem. It's a lesson learned by us both, you for not making a note on the thread that it had been done and me for just doing it without confirming you still wanted the papers. I usually make a note of a few requests from this forum and if I have time left after my own research I will then try to carry out a couple of the requests.  I prefer this method of approach as I do not want to disappoint anyone by promising the work and then being unable to do so because I have no time left or having to cut down my own research to fulfil said promise.

Steve

Bernard_Lewis

These things happen...great to see that Forums still help each other out for nowt!

Bernard