Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Looking for information

My grandfather was in the Canadian military for many years. Sadly he passed away in July of 2018. Were in the midst of cleaning/organising his house and I stumbled upon a box full of cool things he’s collected over the years.

I found this and have very limited knowledge on it. I’m hoping someone here can tell me more about it! Thank you so much xx 

image.jpg

Edited by Guest

13 hours ago, CassidyIreland said:

My grandfather was in the Canadian military for many years. Sadly he passed away in July of 2018. Were in the midst of cleaning/organising his house and I stumbled upon a box full of cool things he’s collected over the years.

I found this and have very limited knowledge on it. I’m hoping someone here can tell me more about it! Thank you so much xx 

image.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

It is all there basically! Made at the weapons factory in Karlsruhe in May 1915 - but without dimensions cannot say what for. The bottom stamp (crown over Ke) is the inspector's, but somewhat surprisingly it does not have the St mark indicating this is a  "strengthened case" (Stark), so with 67% copper, for use with higher explosives. 5 is the lot or contract number, I think.