Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

XIII Sqn History - help needed!

StabbedCat

Good evening everyone,

I am currently working with others to preserve, protect and digitise as much XIII Sqn History that we can lay our hands on. It is probably not a widely-known fact, however a fire at one of the stations that XIII Sqn was previously based destroyed a huge amount of original historical content. This means that we have very limited amounts of source material.

With the above in mind, we would be enormously grateful if anyone reading this is able to provide anything at all that they may have lurking. Whether that be originals of documents, photographs, diaries etc (obviously these can be of enormous sentimental value, and would be more than willing to discuss this via PM), photocopies, transcripts, photographs...anything! Even dits about ex-personnel would be fantastic.

As mentioned we are currently working to digitise much of what we already have, and hope to be able to release this in an electronically shareable format once we have a reasonable amount completed.

I look forward to speaking to you all!

SC

Edited by StabbedCat
Typo

On 18/01/2019 at 17:42, StabbedCat said:

Good evening everyone,

I am currently working with others to preserve, protect and digitise as much XIII Sqn History that we can lay our hands on. It is probably not a widely-known fact, however a fire at one of the stations that XIII Sqn was previously based destroyed a huge amount of original historical content. This means that we have very limited amounts of source material.

With the above in mind, we would be enormously grateful if anyone reading this is able to provide anything at all that they may have lurking. Whether that be originals of documents, photographs, diaries etc (obviously these can be of enormous sentimental value, and would be more than willing to discuss this via PM), photocopies, transcripts, photographs...anything! Even dits about ex-personnel would be fantastic.

As mentioned we are currently working to digitise much of what we already have, and hope to be able to release this in an electronically shareable format once we have a reasonable amount completed.

I look forward to speaking to you all!

SC

Hi

I have sent a message via the PM system.

Mike