Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Talbot House

Michelle Young

• Admin

Bit of an odd question. Thinking about booking a stay there but some of the pictures on Tripadvisor show a cat in the house. Anyone stayed there who can definitely say that there's a cat in the house? As I'm severely allergic to cats, I don't want to stay anywhere where there's a cat at large.

thanks 

Not odd at all Michelle; I've asked my mate Tony who was there last year and thought the place was ace.

Pete.

I'm not sure. I spent a few hours there one day last year. Why not email them?

Keith

• Admin

I shall do, is it me or is bed and breakfast accommodation more expensive in Belgium? TH was a cheaper option. 

Michelle

41 minutes ago, Michelle Young said:

Bit of an odd question. Thinking about booking a stay there but some of the pictures on Tripadvisor show a cat in the house. Anyone stayed there who can definitely say that there's a cat in the house? As I'm severely allergic to cats, I don't want to stay anywhere where there's a cat at large.

thanks 

Better avoid Avril’s then!

• Admin

Wild horses wouldn't drag me there. 

4 minutes ago, Michelle Young said:

Wild horses wouldn't drag me there. 

We are, madam, in strong agreement there!

Yes Talbot House does have a resident cat who is very friendly so thinks that means you can’t stay in the Hiuse itself but there are rooms in the garden that should be cat free.

Neil

• Admin

Thank you Neil. I would have to go into the house for breakfast, so that's that plan down the drain!

Michelle 

Michelle, my friend Tony also believes it is cat singular.

Pete.

• Admin

Cat singular or multiple, the effects are the same. And putting them out doesn’t help one jot. 

Hi Michelle:

Definitely one cat, who comes in and out more or less on demand in the main house (remarkably agile for one of his size). Not an attention seeker and treats humans with a suitable disdain.  One advantage of a reasonably energetic cat is that rodents are kept in check, of course. This one does not seem interested in birds, which is a bonus point. The cat originally opted to spend time at TH whilst in the ownership of someone else; when the time for the latter to move came, the cat (one Benji) voted with his paws.

You are right - you would have to come into the house for your breakfast if you opted for one of the garden rooms.

For the cat: guilty as charged!!!

Pic from 2017...

20170204_170645.jpg.533f91b5183bdb6c540f4f60007b3c2a.jpg

16 minutes ago, Marilyne said:

For the cat: guilty as charged!!!

Pic from 2017...

Cats are never guilty, they always claim total innocence!

The Talbot House resident looks very much like my TimmyCat, another reason for me to visit this year.

Margaret

so true!!

anyone going in the next weeks??? the wardens will be good friends of mine... I'll see them on the 2nd February.

This being said...anyone around on the Front on that day?? 

M.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't resist to post this pic of the kitchen in Talbot House... the friends who are hosting now are from Nottingham ... 

DSC01527.thumb.JPG.edbc13bfcda481dfe8ec7dfcb797d9bb.JPG

Michelle, considering your problem with the permanent resident, see PM. 

M.