Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The New Mosquito Centenary Edition

Gardenerbill

I suspect like most other forum pals I always have a backlog of reading material to get through and it has taken me a while to get around to reading the centenary edition (Issue no.38 Wep. 2018) of the Salonika Campaign Society's magazine The New Mosquito. An excellent publication it is too, if I you have an interest in the Salonika campaign, I heartily recommend you join the SCS and get a copy of the magazine. A public thanks to all who contributed and to Tim Mole the editor who has done sterling work for the society and has now stood down as editor.

Yes, that is a very special edition. I think the SCS have a few copies left.and if we ask Alan nicely he might bring some to the GWF Conference.

We (Salonika Campaign Society) have some 'spare' copies of The New Mosquito Centenary Edition (100 pages!) journal available.  Given the significance of this issue, the SCS had some additional copies printed.  They are available for £7.50 which covers printing and p&p (UK) costs.  If you are not a member and wish to join the SCS (£10 per annum UK, £12 per annum 'overseas') go to https://salonikacampaignsociety.org.uk/join-us/membership/ or message me via this forum.  Assuming stocks are available, any 'new member' is sent a copy of the most recent New Mosquito on joining.

The aforementioned journal includes extracts from the original 'The Mosquito' journals, published by The Salonika Reunion Association between September 1927 and May 1969 (165 editions).  The SCS has now managed to obtain a copy of each edition and we are planning to make these available in pdf format on DVD. All issues have now been scanned and I am currently checking each one and creating an overall index.  Nearly there ...!

The availability will be publicised via our web site (https://salonikacampaignsociety.org.uk/) and e-newsletter

(available to all, not just SCS members - see https://us6.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=380e67f677b4b2a528c188b51&id=7d318a3604).

I'll also post on this forum when complete.

Keith Edmonds

SCS Membership Secretary

Well Done indeed Tim Mole for a splendid piece of editing and compilation.

Harry

• 1 month later...

Has the Salonika Campaign Society ceased to exist ? I tried to find it recently and it no longer appears to be available. 

Definitely not. We are still in business. I can't see the website - so will chase that up.

Keith

We are aware of the issue with the website and it is 'under investigation'. We will be back on air asap ...

In terms of the Society, we are in the rudest of health.  Coincidentally, having had a member renew this morning, our membership is now at the highest it has been since I took over the Membership Secretary role in 2012!  Thanks to all our members for their continued support - if you aren't a member yet, you would be most welcome to join us.  

Only £10 per annum (£12 non-UK).

If you can't curb your enthusiasm until the web site is back - pm me!!

Keith Edmonds

SCS Membership Secretary

Good to hear, looking forward to the reappearance of the website.

After a few 'discussions' with our previous web hosting company - our web site is back online.Well done and many thanks to those concerned. 

I had to recreate my 'favourites short cut' to get it to load again in Google Chrome - suspect this may have been my internet provider's doing ... for others it came back without problem.

Keith Edmonds

SCS Membership Secretary