Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Researching War Diary

AC00

Hi

Would somebody be able to help me. I am having trouble locating the 42nd Division Adjutant & Quartermaster General  War diary within Ancestry

any help would be appreciated 

Does this help? If you can find the WO 95 reference from the National Archives, type the four digit number into the search box and away yee go 

J

8 hours ago, AC00 said:

Hi

Would somebody be able to help me. I am having trouble locating the 42nd Division Adjutant & Quartermaster General  War diary within Ancestry

any help would be appreciated 

Or

In Ancestry.co.uk - War Diaries, France, Belgium and Germany go to the Browse box on the right. Select Divisional Headquarters - 42 Div - Piece 2647/1. It starts in early 1917 when 42 Div arrived in France.

I always used to use the method suggested by J but recently my Ancestry has been playing up. I've tried uninstalling Chrome and using microsoft edge but it's just the same. It keeps throwing me out and/or going American and when I do a search the names are no longer in alpha order. I think they are trying to merge Ancestry.co.uk into Ancestry and put all the military in Fold 3. Were it not for the War Diaries I would be in FMP like a shot.

Brian