Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Missing WW1 War Medals - Mabbutt family

greatbeanbags

Hoping a forum member, who might be a collector, might have missing Great War medals & Victory medals awarded to:

33265 Cpl. William Mabbutt, Leicestershire Regiment 8th Bn. killed 02 Oct 1917 - remembered with honour Hooge Crater Cemetery

75901 Pte. Bert Mabbutt, Royal Fusiliers 9th Bn. killed age 19 0n 21 Sept 1918 at Epehy

Both men were Northampton boys & related to my grandfather on my fathers side of the family so would relish the opportunity to have them returned.  I have a Death Plaque for William Mabbutt but not for Bert Mabbutt, if that should be out there somewhere! Perhaps?

Still seeking a Death Plaque for my great uncle,related to my grandfather on my mother’s side of the family.  Able Seaman R/609, Sydney Rodney Cyril Vince, Anson Bn. RNVR, RN, to accompany his medals in my possession. Hopefully?

Also Death Plaque & medals for another Vince relative.  551929 L.Cpl. Jo Vince, London Regiment (Queen's Westminster Rifles) 1st/16th Bn's. killed age 31 on 14 April 1917 - remembered with honour Arras memorial

Thanks in anticipation.

Clive Mabbutt

Edited by greatbeanbags
Additions please

Hi Clive,

If you search on Ancestry for the MIC's you can leave a comment in the "Write a comment" box top right.The message will be displayed whenever the individual soldier is searched and your user name is displayed so you can be contacted. It worked for me, a message was left by a collector and I contacted him and did a medal swop. Eg. Search  T.Ormshaw,15979, Manchester Regt, 

Regards Barry

Edited by The Inspector

Thanks for this advice Barry....will give what you suggest a go.  Don’t subscribe to Ancestry myself but have used free at our local library....it’s good to go there to try & stop a wonderful town venue being closed & relocated to an outlying school with little practical access even though nearer my home!

• 2 years later...

Still seeking all the missing Great War medals & Death Plaques for my relatives detailed in Topic!  

• Admin

Have you tried posting on the British Medals Forum ? 

51 minutes ago, Michelle Young said:

Have you tried posting on the British Medals Forum ? 

Thank you Michelle….joined quite a while ago so your reply prompted me to access site again.  My email address is registered on the site but I can’t remember my user name & password to get in!  Sent request to admin to confirm my UN & PW.