Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

24th Battalion (Victoria Rifles Of Canada) CEF

tatsmec

If you are looking or have Information on the 24th Battalion CEF, Share what you have. Ask for what you are looking for.

In Montreal Before leaving 2nd_Canadian_Expeditionary_Force_24th_Ba

vimymap2.png

Vimy  Ridge Under 2nd Division 24th 

• 1 year later...

My Great-Uncle served with a 24th from around Christmas of 1916 to his death at the end of the Passchendaele battle on November 6th 1917.

Of course any information is sought after.

I have a clipping of his death notice saying he was in Scout Section. It has been very hard for me to find information on how a scout section was utilized in this battalion. What could possibly be his daily routine in this military occupation? Would a scout distinction be indicated in this record book?

I am also putting together a rememberance shadow box for him, but I have no items. So I am purchasing items that he would have had or rated in this box. Like a service stripe. Or a wound bar as he was wounded at Hill 70.

Thanks in advance! Semper Fidelis.

923021_2.jpg

41 minutes ago, Missileman said:

My Great-Uncle served with a 24th from around Christmas of 1916 to his death at the end of the Passchendaele battle on November 6th 1917.

Of course any information is sought after.

I have a clipping of his death notice saying he was in Scout Section. It has been very hard for me to find information on how a scout section was utilized in this battalion. What could possibly be his daily routine in this military occupation? Would a scout distinction be indicated in this record book?

I am also putting together a rememberance shadow box for him, but I have no items. So I am purchasing items that he would have had or rated in this box. Like a service stripe. Or a wound bar as he was wounded at Hill 70.

Thanks in advance! Semper Fidelis.

923021_2.jpg

Hi,

You don’t say whether you’ve got a copy of his service record or not so here is a link - 

http://central.bac-lac.gc.ca/.item/?op=pdf&app=CEF&id=B1996-S052

Steve