Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Forfeit of Medals KR 1924

Cameronian Volunteer

I would be grateful if anyone could give the reason for forfeit of medals under para 363 XIII KR 27/6/24, which is recorded for # 63561 Alexander Graham in the BWM/VM roll for the Scottish Rifles. He also appears to have forfeited his 14/15 Star.

Thanks for the link, Kath.

I make out ( if the paragraph numbering was the same in 1924) that he was discharged with ignominy. The 14/15 Star roll has him disembodied 1/2/19, so I presume his offence, whatever it was, must have taken place after this date.

• Admin

He may have been convicted of a criminal offence either whilst still in the colours or afterwards. It might be worthwhile doing a newspaper search for him?

His Medal Rolls Index Card & Medal Award Rolls state " Retd (992 KR1923) 8362 Adj"  which refers to medals unclaimed after one year. 

Edited by EDWARD1

10 minutes ago, EDWARD1 said:

His Medal Rolls Index Card & Medal Award Rolls state " Retd (992 KR1923) 8362 Adj"  which refers to medals unclaimed after one year. 

Hi,

I haven’t looked at the MIC of further researched this chap but if medals were returned for adjustment and not reissued it may be that NOK could apply for his medals as per details in below topic.

Steve

1 hour ago, DavidOwen said:

He may have been convicted of a criminal offence either whilst still in the colours or afterwards. It might be worthwhile doing a newspaper search for him?

Thanks for that suggestion, David. I suspect  there might be no surviving record of his offence, but it's worth a try