Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

HAC Books

Gareth Davies

Does anyone know how much Great War overlap there is (and how much divergence) in the following 2 books by G Goold-Walker?

The HAC 1537 - 1987

The HAC in the Great War 1914 - 1919

I suspect that I definitely need the latter but do I also need the former?

Edited by Gareth Davies

The latter is a very detailed history of the HAC in the Great War with detailed coverage of each the battalions and batteries in the HAC. It also contains the names and short details of each of the officer casualties and lists of decorations and orders awarded to officers and men in HAC units and those HAC members who gained honors with other units. This is the book to obtain if you are interested in the HAC during the Great War.

The former is a more general history of the HAC during the time of its existence.

There is also a history of the HAC in the Second World War and London Gunners - a detailed history of the HAC Siege Battery during the Great War.  Additional reference would be the annual HAC Annual Listing of Members that contain a list of members and the Journal of the Honorable Artillery Company that was published monthly since October 1923.  Much information about the activities of the members with some photos.

Thank you.