Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ww1Tank corps any help on info and value please???

Banks12345

Hi there I have  acquired this item wondering if any one can help ravaging info value  and so on any help would be gratefully think it’s somthing to do with the tank corps 

B87ED4C5-EE56-4629-842E-7C0AF3F1E10E.jpeg

97BD030A-772D-444F-AE78-C8BA4142CC1C.jpeg

6C96B953-D830-4CE1-BEF7-E07D64983F47.jpeg

12B128D2-3065-4A55-A42E-34B6AA0D17BB.jpeg

My initial thoughts were that this post is a wind up.  "think it’s somthing to do with the tank corps ".  Er yes. The fact that it has the Tank Corps badge and the words The Tank Corps written on it is a pretty big clue.

Cecil was originally in the Royal Field Artillery, arriving in France in Feb 1915. He subsequently transferred to the Tank Corps. The certificate is for his actions on 21 Aug 1918.  I am not sure which Bn he was in, possibly 3rd, 7th, 10th, 12th, or 15th.

Edited by Gareth Davies

Nice, how did you acquire that Banks12345? I would suggest reading ‘how to research a soldier’ on the mother site

Do you have any interest in it or just it’s value? It’s worth what you paid for it offer it for sale and see where you get......I imagine it would be priceless to any remaining family of Pte Cecil Snow

Seems like a good buy for £25.

Fair price, probably higher now it’s know Cecil’s service papers have survived and the knowledge that other forum members are throwing in

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 13:09, Gareth Davies said:

My initial thoughts were that this post is a wind up.  "think it’s somthing to do with the tank corps ".  Er yes. The fact that it has the Tank Corps badge and the words The Tank Corps written on it is a pretty big clue.

Cecil was originally in the Royal Field Artillery, arriving in France in Feb 1915. He subsequently transferred to the Tank Corps. The certificate is for his actions on 21 Aug 1918.  I am not sure which Bn he was in, possibly 3rd, 7th, 10th, 12th, or 15th.

He was originally Gunner  526 2nd Battery Motor Machine Gun Service. He would have been transferred into Heavy Branch in November 1916 .