Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

AFZ 22 Serial Number help.

Julian Sinclair

I am new to this Forum so hope I am getting the protocols right.

William Thomas Parker A.S.C who received a 1914 Star has on his record AFZ 22 and there is a serial number 148703.

He was my Great Uncle, something happened to him, but what?  I know he survived until 1928 when he died in a Mental Hospital in Oxford.  I am wondering if the aftermath of his war experience was involved.  He was a Driver for the No3 Field Ambulance Corps at some point. He received 'Pip', 'Squeak' and Wilfred.

Can I access this serial number somewhere in a medical records data base?

Any help appreciated

thanks

54 minutes ago, Julian Sinclair said:

Probably not, Army Form Z.22 was a statement of disability on being demobilized (he was also moved to Class Z Reserve). The serial number is more likely to be connected to a pension claim. His surviving documents don't seem to give any hint of a disability and he was properly demobilized at the end of the war and not before.

1 hour ago, Julian Sinclair said:

I am new to this Forum so hope I am getting the protocols right.

William Thomas Parker A.S.C who received a 1914 Star has on his record AFZ 22 and there is a serial number 148703.

He was my Great Uncle, something happened to him, but what?  I know he survived until 1928 when he died in a Mental Hospital in Oxford.  I am wondering if the aftermath of his war experience was involved.  He was a Driver for the No3 Field Ambulance Corps at some point. He received 'Pip', 'Squeak' and Wilfred.

Any help appreciated

thanks

What was his service number ?

Craig