Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

ID this ribbon ?

KIRKY

Hi this ribbon was found in a box of WW1 US and French medals, anyone got any ideas what it is please?

Tony

ribbon.jpg

I think this is the Italian 1915 -18 War Medal .

Regards Steve.

8 hours ago, esco said:

I think this is the Italian 1915 -18 War Medal .

Regards Steve.

I am now rather annoyingly going to disagree. The annoying part is that I can't say what it actually is because I don't know.

The stripes in the Italian War Medal ribbon go - from right to left as the wearer sees them - Green/White/Red - repeated 6 times in total. The one shown here goes Red/Green(ish)/White. It can't be the Italian medal, even if its upside-down.

Regards,

Mike

1 hour ago, Medaler said:

I am now rather annoyingly going to disagree. The annoying part is that I can't say what it actually is because I don't know.

The stripes in the Italian War Medal ribbon go - from right to left as the wearer sees them - Green/White/Red - repeated 6 times in total. The one shown here goes Red/Green(ish)/White. It can't be the Italian medal, even if its upside-down.

I think Steve got it right - the initial "red" stripe looks like it is another medal ribbon that slightly overlaps it and can therefore be discounted. And it looks to me like the viewers right most edge has been heavily frayed, removing most of the red stripe (but traces can still be seen behind). With both of those taken into account, you get the perfect (faded) green-white-red repeated six times...

Related image

Edited by Andrew Upton

5 hours ago, Andrew Upton said:

I think Steve got it right - the initial "red" stripe looks like it is another medal ribbon that slightly overlaps it and can therefore be discounted. And it looks to me like the viewers right most edge has been heavily frayed, removing most of the red stripe (but traces can still be seen behind). With both of those taken into account, you get the perfect (faded) green-white-red repeated six times...

Related image

Sincerely sorry Andrew, I think your right. That missing red stripe threw me off.

Sorry Steve! - and well spotted in the first place.

Mike

THanbks to you all for your help think you are right!

Tony