Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Albury NSW Grave

Nuova110

Am currently trying to identify a grave of a possible English soldier buried in the Pioneer cemetery in Albury New South Wales - A concerted effort was recently carried out to identify all WW I serving personnel for a November 11 2018 ceremony - however one graves still needs clarification - the aim being to be identified as a WW I soldier and join among 108 Australian and other nationalities, the 12 English soldiers with WW I service also buried here.

The only data I have is Percival Passant - Service Number 161557 of 24/04/1918 - Percival Passant was born in 1900 at Barry Dock Glamorgan - can any forum member assist please.

Percival attested in the R A F  24 April 1918, at the time he was a motor mechanic apprentice.    A passenger list for 17th September 1925 shows several members of the Passant family leaving the country for Australia.

Bob

He died in Albery 13/5/79. Born as suggested Berry Dock 27/4/1900. There is a family tree with pics of Percival in later years on Ancestry.

The move to Australia seems to have been just a few weeks after his marriage. His widow died in Albury in 2002 aged 99.