Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

F Corps Signals Royal Engineers

AC00

Hi

Trying to find the war diary for the F Corps Signals Royal Engineers  

I believe the were attached to the 6th Corps. I am researching a MM for a Spr Andrew Drummond 76306 any information, or pointers in the right direction appreciated  

Regards

AC00

Here, they changed from alphabetical to numerical ie 6 Corps:

http://tinyurl.com/yb7hmrsb

Available for download at £3.00 a go.

The announcement appeared in the London Gazette on 11 March 1919 although there are no citations. Whatever the act of gallantry was it was in the last few months of the war.

Also 6 Corps HQ Diaries:

http://tinyurl.com/ya8lewrb

You might also try newspapers at his place of  residence  which is given as Crosshill of which there appears to be  three at Manchester, Ripley and Nottingham

TR

Edited by Terry_Reeves

Hi downloaded this WD WO 95/793/3 Jan 17 - December 18 for F Corps Signal Coy, unfortunately the diary ends in Dec 17. Not sure where the rest is 

AC00

If you use the order page you will see a section that allows you report such things. An enquiry might be worth while stating that it does not match the catalogue description for dates. The section that deals with this very helpful.

Just found his award in 6 Corps Routine Orders No 788, 10 October 1918 (WO95/781/5) He was serving with the motor airline section of 6 Corps Signal Company when he earned his MM. His name appears with 76405 Cpl JH McKenzie of the same section.  The MAL was responsible for erecting signal cables on poles.

I would hazard a guess that the action for which the MM was awarded was between August and September 1918 and was for carrying out the work under fire.

TR

Edited by Terry_Reeves

Could you help me out I am trying to 4 Corps routine orders I have another MM named to Sjt Pilkington he was a fitter with 120 Battery RFA attached to 27 Division RFA  13th Inf Brigade

Any pointers would be a great help as I am having difficulty finding the right section on the National Archives 

thanks